Payment Processing, Security and Privacy Statement
Payment Processing Policy
BTC Domains processes all transactions through the ShopCo.com payment processing system. ShopCo.com
uses industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, as well as private links to international banking networks, to ensure your
information is quickly and securely authorized and processed. Payments made on our site will appear as
"SHOPCO - 8662083122 MS DomainName" on your credit card statement.
Your credit card information is protected in two ways. First of all, as a result of the SSL-based encryption, your card number is
ALWAYS secure during transmission. A visual means of confirming this is for you to watch the small padlock icon in your browser. While on any
page where financial information is to be entered, this icon will change to a locked state, denoting a secure page. This security measure is
privately audited by an independent third-party, Geotrust, whose icon you can click on from any secured page to confirm its secure status.
Secondly, our private links to banking networks ensure that your sensitive information is ALWAYS secure once we have received
it. All the information traveling on our banking network is guaranteed 100% secure.
Shopco actively works with international banking institutions and law enforcement to discover and prosecute cases of fraudulent
credit card use. All connections to, and transactions within Shopco are logged and regularly audited. WE USE ALL MEANS AVAILABLE TO
US TO PURSUE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AGAINST PERSONS ATTEMPTING FRAUD OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OUR SYSTEMS, IN ALL ICPO/INTERPOL JURISDICTIONS.
Private Information Policy
We appreciate that many users do not feel comfortable providing their real address, due to the the high incidence of junk mail we all
suffer from. Our privacy guarantee specifically states that we will NOT share, barter, sell, or trade your confidential information with
ANYONE, under ANY circumstances (except in the case of legal proceedings). From time to time, BTC Domains
may use your personal information to contact you by electronic mail concerning our services. These communications are intended to
inform you of important information regarding your account, or about general services provided by BTC Domains.
If you do not want to receive email from us regarding new services, please click the "unsubscribe" link which is included at the bottom of
any email you receive from BTC Domains. However, in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we will
continue to send you emails regarding your account administration, as well as any necessary information, such as renewal instructions.
WHOIS PRIVACY SERVICE
The following terms and conditions will apply if you subscribe to the Whois Privacy Service:
- Subscribers to the Whois Privacy Service have elected to include the following information in the publicly available Whois Registry:
- Contactprivacy.com shall appear as the Registrant and Contacts name(s);
- Tucows' postal address and a Tucows assigned email address and telephone number shall appear on behalf of the Registrant and the Contact(s);
- The primary and secondary nameservers shall be those designated by the Registrant;
- The original date of registration and the expiration of each domain name;
- Tucows will be identified as the registrar of record.
- You understand and agree that the Registrant and Contact Information that you have provided will be kept on file. You further agree
and warrant that you will ensure that the Whois Information is true, accurate and up to date.
- You will will retain complete control over the domain name and its registration records and may suspend and reinstate the Whois Privacy Service at your discretion.
- The Whois Privacy Service may be used with both new and existing domain name registrations. You may use the Whois Privacy Service with
respect to a domain name that has been transferred but it will only commence after the transfer has been completed. If you wish to transfer
the domain name to a different registrar,the Whois Privacy Service must be disabled in order to initiate the transfer.
- We will send all obligatory renewal and transfer related messages to the Contacts you have designated.
- Communications Forwarding. Communications received with respect to a particular domain name registration will be handled as follows: (i) We
will forward to you or a Contact all correspondence received by registered mail or traceable courier. This information may be opened, scanned and
emailed to you or your Contact. Regular postal mail will be discarded or returned to sender at our discretion. (ii) Email correspondence will be
forwarded according to the instructions of the Registrant as they appear in our records. (iii) A voice mail message will advise all callers that
inbound messages will not be accepted; calls will be directed to the contactprivacy.com web site where written messages will be forwarded according
to your instructions. (iv) We will only be responsible for forwarding communications where our details have appeared in the whois and when your Whois
Information is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Right to Suspend and Disable. We shall have the right, at our sole discretion and without liability to you or any of your Contacts, suspend or cancel
your domain name and to reveal Registrant and Contact Whois Information in certain circumstances, including but not limited to the following: (i) when
required by law; (ii) in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to further determination of an alleged breach of a law; (iii) to comply
with a legal process served upon Tucows; (iv) to resolve any and all third party claims including but not limited to ICANN's or a Registry's dispute
resolution policy; (v) to avoid financial loss or legal liability (v) to avoid financial loss or legal liability; (vi) if we believe that you or one of
your Contacts is using the Whois Privacy Service to conceal involvement with illegal, illicit, objectionable or harmful activities; or (vii) to transmit
SPAM, viruses, worms or other harmful computer programs.
- You understand and agree that, in the event that we receive a formal complaint, notice of claim or UDRP, that we will have the right to disable the
Whois Privacy Service pending final disposition of the matter.